Sunday, September 18th, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Celebrate a day of discovery with KQED’s Sid the Science Kid! Sid will explore the museum, seek answers to his science questions, and greet visitors. Bring a camera and a curious spirit and join us for special programs and activities for children of all ages!
• Meet Sid the Science Kid!
• Observe, examine and investigate! Test your knowledge with the Mystery Boxes or play Naturalist Center Bingo for a prize!
• Explore the natural world with Science Story Adventures, featuring experiments, games and crafts (ages 4-8).
• Play Sid the Science Kid video games and view full-length episodes in the Naturalist Center, including Where Did The Water Go?, Clean Air, Reused Robot and Save The Stump.
• Conduct a citizen science experiment at home and contribute to Academy research. Pick up an ant kit and spider data sheet at the Naturalist Center. Learn more »
• Be a scientist-in-training and perform hands-on-experiments at the Little Learner’s Lab (ages 3-5).
• Make a “Science Kid Field Kit” at Family Nature Crafts. Decorate your kit and receive a mini notebook, pencil and magnifying glass to take home (ages 4-8). Limited quantities available.
• Visit the Early Explorers Cove and Academy Coloring Tables to participate in a self-guided activity and Sid coloring project (ages 0-5).
• Have a question? Look for an Academy Docent in an orange lab coat – they have answers and specimens to share!