Full-time employees (30 – 40 hours per week) receive the following benefits:
- Medical: The Academy pays the majority of a full-time employee’s medical coverage and also contributes a significant portion to cover dependents through Kaiser and Health Net HMO plans. We also contribute toward the Health Net PPO and HSA/ PPO plans, but at a higher premium cost to the employee. Employee portion for each plan varies according to salary amount.
- Dental: The Academy pays 100 percent of the employee’s coverage and an average of 60 percent of dependent coverage using Delta Dental DMO and PPO plans.
- Vision: The Academy offers low-cost, pretax voluntary vision coverage through VSP which is paid entirely by the employee. The Kaiser HMO includes vision coverage at no additional cost to the employee.
- Life Insurance: The Academy provides Life/AD&D insurance through Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company. Every eligible employee is covered up to 1.5 times their annual salary at no cost to the employee. Additional life insurance and other voluntary supplemental plans are available through Colonial Insurance.
- Long-Term Disability: The Academy offers this employer-paid benefit through Reliance Standard Life Insurance.
- Retirement 403(b): Through TIAA/CREF, employees may participate in a Supplemental Retirement program within the first month of work. After one year of employment, the Academy offers a Group Retirement matching plan of up to 5%.
- Employee Assistance Program: The Academy provides this confidential consultation service through Claremont EAP to assist its employees through the stresses of everyday life and work.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: The Academy offers both medical and dependent care flexible-spending accounts which allow employee contributions on a pre-tax basis through our payroll company, ADP.
- Commuter Program: Academy employees may purchase Bay Area transit passes for commuting to work using pre-tax dollars. The Academy also offers a monthly subsidy or extra paid vacation time to reward those who get to work by public transportation, carpool, bicycle, or walking.
- Paid Time Off: The Academy offers generous time-off benefits including vacation, sick time, holidays, and floating holidays.
Part-time employees (20 – 29 hours per week) are eligible for all benefits above, with the exception of dental and life insurance. Part-time employees share a larger portion of the cost of these medical plans