Become an Academy Member
Your membership contribution helps support our groundbreaking scientific research, educational outreach programs, and the many interactive exhibits you see at the Academy. The Academy has membership levels for every individual or family and by becoming a member the Academy is yours to explore as often as you like.
All members enjoy a full year of benefits, including:
- Free unlimited daily admission
- Members-only hours: Sun. 10:00 am – 11:00 am, Tues. 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Members-only entrance
- Personalized member card
- Planetarium shows and passes for members only
- Invitations to members-only events and exhibit previews
- Members-only Penguin Feedings and Family Nature Crafts
- Free admission to Pritzker Members’ Lectures
- 10% savings on dining at Academy Cafe and the Moss Room
- 10–25% savings on shopping, special lectures, Behind-the-Scenes Tour and NightLife
- Subscription to Academy Member eNews
Become a Donor
Join our highest level of donors and enjoy special privileges that bring you closer to the Academy. By joining the Friends of the Academy, you have the opportunity to inspire explorers of all ages, get closer to the scientists and their discoveries, and become a leader in a community of lifelong learners. The deeper your engagement, the closer you get – and the bigger your impact.
All Donors enjoy all benefits of Academy membership plus:
- Unlimited admission for yourself, your children or grandchildren (18 years of age and under), and two guests
- Priority entrance to the museum, rainforest, and planetarium
- A complimentary glass of champagne when dining at The Moss Room*
- Eight guest passes to share with friends and family members
- Four NightLife guest passes**
- Annual Friends behind-the-scenes tour***
- Invitation to special events and receptions for Friends of the Academy
- Dedicated Friends assistance line
By supporting our Annual Fund by making a tax-deductible contribution, you contribute to the future of the Academy and help to inspire the next generation to
preserve and protect our planet.
Friends of the Academy Terms and Conditions
* This exclusive benefit is valid at The Moss Room for lunch or dinner now through August 31, 2012 for Friends of the Academy only. You must have an active/current Friends of the Academy membership at the time of dining to qualify for this offer. This offer is valid for one Black card holder and one guest. Additional taxes and fees may apply. Must be 21 years of age or over to receive your complimentary glass of champagne. Maximum one complimentary glass of champagne per person per day. The complimentary glass of champagne has no cash value and cannot be applied towards a future meal at the Moss room. Not valid in conjunction with any other promotions or offers. Not valid for groups. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
** Good for complimentary admission to NightLife only. Not valid for general daytime entry admission. Must be 21+ with valid ID. This pass has no cash value and is non-replaceable if lost or stolen. This pass may not be used for any members-only or ticketed events. Not valid unless date is stamped. Management may withdraw or limit admissions at its discretion.
*** Two complimentary Friends behind-the-scenes tour per donor household per year. Must be a current Friend of the Academy when redeeming the Friends behind-the-scenes tour. No roll-over allowed; a Friends behind-the-scenes tour not used within the year will be lost. Friends behind-the-scenes tour must be booked at least three days in advance. A “no show” will be considered a “consumed” tour. Tour is based on availability and non-transferable. Friends behind-the-scenes tours are not available during Academy Free Wednesdays. Additional blackout dates may apply.
Become a Volunteer or Intern
Inspire school children, pin insects, classify specimens, or dive into the aquarium! There are numerous opportunities for qualified volunteers
at this beloved San Francisco institution. (For ages 16 and older.) Learn more
Internships are available to both high school students and college undergraduates. Participants gain valuable hands-on science experience, ranging
from hands-on collections-based research to biological illustration. Learn more