The Academy Cafe is a modern, casual, kid-friendly restaurant inside the California Academy of Sciences, with an emphasis on quick service. The cafe serves a wide variety of multi-cultural cuisine, made fresh, with healthy, seasonal and organic ingredients.
|Executive Chef |
|Chef de Cuisine || |
|General Manager || |
|Hours of Operation || |
9:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Saturday
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Sunday
On Thursdays, the Academy Cafe reopens from 6:00 - 10:00 PM for NightLife
Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas
|Price Range || |
Entrées $6.00 - $15.00
Sides and Desserts $1.00 - $5.00
|Credit Card |
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club
|Parking || |
Music Concourse garage or street parking
|Seating Capacity || |
160 Main Dining Room, 100 Heated Patio
|Phone || |
|Website || |
|Address || |
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Drive
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California 94118
|Opening Date || |
September 27, 2008
|Architect || |
Olle Lundberg, Lundberg Design
Cathy Simon, SMWM
|Sustainable Practices || |
- Both the Academy Café and The Moss Room are committed to sustainability, organics and proper farming — values which are harmonious with the California Academy of Sciences’ mission to explore, explain and protect the natural world.
- All seafood meets the Academy’s Seafood Watch criteria.
- Both restaurants operate aggressive recycling and composting programs.
- Ingredients are sourced from suppliers which are local, certified, and/or organic whenever possible.
- Menus emphasize the seasonality of ingredients.
- Unnecessary packaging materials are avoided, and all packaging products are compostable or biodegradable.
- Reusable plates and silverware are used in both restaurants.
- In the Academy Café, signage helps communicate the aforementioned values to diners.