|Hours of Operation || |
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM Daily
Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas
|Price Range || |
Lunch Appetizers: $5 - $15
Lunch Entrées: $14 - $25
|Credit Cards || |
Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diner’s Club
|Parking || |
Music Concourse garage or street parking
|Seating Capacity || |
Dining Room - 65
Bar - 12
Private Dining Room - 14
|Reservations || |
Available, but not required.
415.876.6121, www.themossroom.com or www.opentable.com
Museum admission is not required to dine at the Moss Room.
|Address || |
55 Music Concourse Drive
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California, 94118
|Architect || |
Olle Lundberg, Lundberg Design
Cathy Simon, SMWM
|Accolades || |
Selected as one of the “50 Best New American Restaurants” by Travel + Leisure Magazine
Named one of 2009’s Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants by the San Francisco Chronicle
The Moss Room and the Academy Cafe are both available to rent for private functions and evening dinner programs.
For intimate celebrations, The Moss Room features a semi-private dining room with seating for up to 14 guests.
For catering inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both the Academy Cafe and Moss Room are committed to sustainability, organics and proper farming – values which are harmonious with the California Academy of Sciences’ mission to explore, explain and protect the natural world.
- The Moss Room is a Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Restaurant Partner.
- Both restaurants operate aggressive recycling and composting programs.
- Ingredients are sourced from suppliers which are local, certified, and/or organic whenever possible.
- Menus emphasize the seasonality of ingredients.