Penguins + Pajamas Family Sleepover $399
Great for families with kids ages 5+
Gather your flock for an unforgettable night at the museum during a Penguins + Pajamas sleepover at the California Academy of Sciences. Explore the Academy after-hours, enjoy special activities all evening, then unroll your sleeping bags in front of your favorite animal's tank. Complete with penguin-themed pajamas for the whole family, the experience will inspire memories that last for years to come. After all, how often do you get to snooze next to a colony of African penguins, or an albino alligator?
• Four tickets to any Penguins + Pajamas sleepover through June 2012. Check www.calacademy.org/events/sleepovers/ for schedule
• Four pair of penguin-themed pajamas (adult and kid sizes available)
• Pierre the Penguin: A True Story storybook, relating the tale of the Academy's famous wetsuit-wearing penguin
• 15” penguin plush
VIP Holiday Package $179
Great for couples
Invite a special someone to share a day of VIP treatment at the California Academy of Sciences. Take an exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Tour and get an up close and personal look at the greenest museum on Earth. For lunch, choose between The Moss Room and the Academy Café, run by renowned chefs Charles Phan and Loretta Keller, and featuring local and organic ingredients. The Academy is yours to explore for the rest of the day, including express entrance to the four-story Rainforests of the World exhibit and reserved planetarium seating. After returning home, flip through your copy of Nests any time for a reminder of the treasures within the Academy and its research collections.
• Two tickets to the Behind-the-Scenes Tour (available daily; must be redeemed by June, 2012)
• $50 Gift Certificate for The Moss Room or Academy Cafe
• Admission to the Academy for the rest of the day (included in Behind the Scenes Tour ticket)
• Nests: Fifty Nests and the Birds that Built Them, a book of photographs by Sharon Beals
Junior Scientist Kit $79
Great for kids ages 8-14
Encourage the budding scientist in your life with the tools and inspiration to begin exploring their surroundings in a new light. Change the way they see the world with a personal microscope and telescope, and pique their curiosity in the "gross factor" of biology with a copy of Oh Yuck! The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty. Who knows, they may just grow up to become a curator at the California Academy of Sciences!
• 25-piece microscope and telescope kit
• Science-themed kids' t-shirt (choice of two designs)
• Oh Yuck! The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty, by Joy Masoff
Holiday Gift Memberships $99+
Surprise someone special with a gift that keeps on giving – a year-long Academy membership. Select the membership level of your choosing, and for an additional $14.95, package it in a festive eco-friendly box filled with holiday tea and chocolates.
Select the appropriate membership level:
• Individual, for one cardholder and a guest ($99)
• Family, for two cardholders and their children/grandchildren ($199)
• Family Plus, for two cardholders, their children/grandchildren, plus two additional guests ($250)
• Associate, for two cardholders, their children/grandchildren, two additional guests, and an invitation to special event with Academy scientists ($500)
And add $14.95 to make it a gift-ready package, which includes:
• One tin of Peppermint Chocolate Tea
• One tin of Cinnamon-Vanilla Roobios Tea
• Four seasonal Ghirardelli chocolate squares
• An eco-friendly gift box
• Membership voucher