Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Feel The Chemistry NightLife: SOLD OUT
NOTE: THIS WEEK'S NIGHTLIFE EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT.
SF Beer Week Pop-Up (Piazza)
- 6:00-10:00 pm, Sip and sample at a pop-up beer hall featuring Magnolia Brewing Company, Anchor Brewing, Anderson Valley Brewing Co., Calicraft Brewing Co., Drake’s Brewing, Fort Point, Golden State Cider, Devoto Orchards Cider, Six Rivers Brewery, and Lost Coast Brewery.
- Plus, be the first to sample NightLife’s brand new signature beer "Magnolia Aliciella Bitter," brewed in collaboration with Magnolia Brewing Company!
Note: Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in the Piazza. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables, only beer tickets.
Beer & Chemistry Talks (African Hall)
- 7:30 pm, Learn about the serious chemistry involved in brewing the perfect craft beer and get a lesson in SF beer history from Anchor brewmaster Mark Carpenter.
- 8:30 pm, Looking to catch a little love buzz? Hear a racy talk from human sexuality aficionados Carol Queen and Robert Lawrence.
Speed Dating & Valentine Activities (East Pavilion)
- 7:00, 8:00, & 9:00 pm, Practice the fine art of flirting during a speed dating session coupled with Brainstormer pub trivia to help break the ice.
- Looking for a way to make your sweetie swoon? Create a custom valentine card at GoGo Craft's pop-up valentine-making station.
- Chat with the beer geeks from SF Brewcraft and pick up tips on the art of home brewing.
- Learn about the power of food and plant medicine and sample herbal tonics for hormonal balance, libido, and wellness with Cornucopia Wellness.
Yeast Zoo & Beer Botany (Project Lab)
- 6:30-9:00 pm, Learn about ants, pheromones, and scent trails with Jay Puniamoorthy.
- Find out what’s growing in your beer while visiting a “yeast zoo” with UC Berkeley microbiologists Julie Choe, Brittney Nguyen, and Bret Peterson.
- Check out displays and botanical collections of Alice Eastwood artifacts (the Academy botanist and inspiration behind NightLife’s brand new signature beer “Magnolia Aliciella Bitter,” brewed in collaboration with Magnolia Brewing Company).
- 6:30 & 7:30 pm, Take an R-rated tour of the Universe during a special edition of Celestial Attractions. (*passes limited)
- 8:30 & 9:30 pm, Habitat Earth (*passes limited)
Note: NightLife planetarium passes are distributed to visitors on a first-come first-served basis.
Food & Drink:
A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6-9:30pm, including The Terrace and pop-up cafe located in the West Garden and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
Note: All bars accept cash and credit cards.
- 6:00-7:45 pm, Osher Rainforest—a lush, four-story rainforest that's teeming with life.
- 6:00-10:00 pm, Wander through the Academy’s Animal Attraction exhibit to learn how fish, frogs, and other aquatic lovers find, make, and show love in the animal kingdom.
NightLife VIP Tour, Private Lounge, & Group Bookings:
Looking for behind-the-scenes access? Join us for a NightLife VIP Tour.
Need a great space to throw a party? Rent out the NightLife Private Lounge. Contact: David Nemoyten (415) 379-5499 / email@example.com
Have a group of 10 or more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.
Get nocturnal with NightLife this week as we learn all about (and interact with) creatures of the night.
Get your dose of mechanical mayhem as NightLife hosts a salute to all things robotic.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.