Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
How-To: Foodie NightLife
How-To NightLife gets tasty with a night of cooking and cocktail demos from some of SF’s top culinary minds.
Schedule of Events
7:30pm, Check out a Kernza bread and butter-making workshop and learn all about progressive agriculture with one of San Francisco’s most innovative restaurants The Perennial.
8:30pm, Learn to filet-it-yourself with Kirk Lombard, author of The Sea Forager’s Guide to Northern California, who will show you how to prep fish from ocean to table and talk about what it means to eat seafood sustainably.
Tricks of the Kitchen
6:00-10:00pm, Learn how to keep your knives in tip-top condition from the sharpening gurus from Bernal Cutlery, plus talk to the experts from Imperfect Produce who can show you tips and tricks on the best ways to store and use “ugly” veggies to use in unique ways.
6:00 - 9:30pm, Learn how to propagate rosemary from our craft expert Julia Jane Moore. Plus, we'll have a propagation station where you can plant and paint your own rosemary to take home!
DJs Turquoise Wisdom (Zach Cowie) and Andy Cabic show off their own (music) mixing skills in the Piazza.
Wine Tasting Tips
6:00 - 9:30pm, Get some tasting tips while enjoying four new wines and find out which pairing tastes best with specialty bites prepared by Chef Dani Volpi.
*Tastings are $18 and include four local bay area wines. Food not included in tasting costs.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Academy executive director Jonathan Foley discusses the growing demand of food around the globe & climate impact
Upcoming NightLife Events
From bioluminescence to electric vehicles, explore the ins and outs of illumination and electricity.
Kick off your Outside Lands weekend with a special performance from Electric Guest and the She's.
Cat lovers unite for NightLife's tribute to our four-pawed friends!
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.