Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Get your late night science fix with a celebration of the best of the Academy and interactive programs around the museum. This month, hear from special guest and science writer of WIRED magazine, Matt Simon.
Explore the fascinating, awe-inspiring, and unsettling ingenuity of evolution as Matt discusses weird and wonderful stories from his new book, The Wasp That Brainwashed the Caterpillar, which features the work of several Academy scientists.
Learn about creatures such as the female bolas spider who releases pheromones that mimic a female moth to lure males into her sticky web. You think that’s bold? Meet the titular Glyptapanteles wasp that injects a caterpillar with her young, which then feed on it, erupt out of it, and use mind control to trick the caterpillar into protecting them from predators.
Ready to use all that you’ve learned and more? Put your worldly knowledge to the test with three rounds of science-inspired trivia from Brainstormer.
Head outside to The Terrace Restaurant & Bar for our monthly “Adult Chemistry” event—this month, hear talks about the science of bubbles and taste gourmet bites that pair best with champagne and sparkling wine.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Get your late night science fix with the best of the Academy & hear from special guest Matt Simon of WIRED mag.
Feeling outdoorsy? Get prepared and learn survival tips from experts before your next camping trip or adventure.
A NightLife LIVE summer music series—performances by Connan Mockasin + Morgan Delt, Presented by Noise Pop.
Follow the brewing process from botanical inception to foamy finish, sip and sample at a beer garden, and more!
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.