We love science here at the Academy, so we’re very proud to be a part of the Bay Area Science Festival that is happening October 26th – November 6th. It’s a celebration of science, with 40 events for families throughout the greater Bay Area.
The Discovery Days, free events happening 11am-4pm, have many local science organizations in one location with lots of fun things to do. Each one is different, so you could even go to all three! See below for just a partial list of what you can do at each one:
Discovery Days at Cal State East Bay Oct 29
- Fossil Casting
- Statistics House of Fun
- Life of a Criminalist
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Fun with Science Program
- Chemistry Magic Show
- Japanese Fish Prints
Discovery Days at Infineon Raceway Nov 5
- Create your own pulsar
- Robotics in Action
- What’s Under the Dock?
- Launder your dirty water!
- LEGO Engineering Challenge
- Wild Flower Seed Balls
Discovery Days at AT&T Park Nov 6
- Radio Disney – Science Rocks
- The Physics Circus with Zeke Kossover
- Physics of Baseball
- California Academy of Sciences
- University of California Museum of Paleontology
- Sandia National Laboratories