Ecoliteracy for All
Summer Ecoliteracy Institute for K-2 Teachers from SFUSD
Monday June 2, 2014 — Friday June 6, 2014
9:00 am – 3:30pm
This week-long training for K-2 teachers offers an interdisciplinary immersion in ecoliteracy principles.
- Learn strategies for engaging and effective outdoor learning
- Foster in your students an awareness of and appreciation for the environment
- Align science learning with the Common Core State Standards
- Integrate ELD and Science
- Get to know the Next Generation Science Standards Practices
- Build partnerships with your colleagues from your school and throughout SFUSD
- Year-long support and a celebration
Benefits include earning extended hour pay, engaging in outdoor learning, and gaining curriculum and resources.
Morning refreshments and lunch provided daily.
Applications Due May 1st
Application online at http://tinyurl.com/sfusdecoliteracy
Note that the Academy is not the primary planner for this event. If you have specific questions you can contact Leah Plack directly.