The Academy’s teacher resources are now available via an exciting interactive online education resource, Brokers of Expertise.
Brokers of Expertise (BoE) features easily searchable teaching resources, professional development opportunities, and an online community of teaching professionals.
BoE groups bring educators together, providing a space to gather, share resources, and engage in dialog around topics of interest. In addition, BoE features a growing library of professional development modules for educators.
BoE is a place to:
- access collections of high-quality, standards-matched classroom resources
- collaborate with peers in online professional learning communities
- share your own teaching resources and lessons
- find models of exemplary teaching practices
- access online professional development modules from local, regional, and statewide sources
The goal of BoE is to give teachers access to high-quality resources, tools, and materials needed to improve instruction and close the achievement gap in California schools. BoE features thousands of digital educational materials from sources including the California Academy of Sciences. Educators can collaborate and share resources with their peers and groups. Browse or search through all of the BoE resources by type, grade level, subject, and even by the California Academic Content Standards they support.
You can search online for resources or participate in discussions as a guest. But for more bells and whistles, register for an account and then join the Academy’s group or one of other many groups active on the site. We hope to see you there!