SFUSD Summer Ecoliteracy Institute for K-2 Teachers
Monday June 4, 2012 — Friday June 8, 2012
9:00 am – 3:30pm
Presented by Sustainable SFUSD, the SF Botanical Garden Society, San Francisco Green Schoolyard Alliance, California Academy of Sciences, the Lawrence Hall of Science, and Bay Area Science Project, this week-long training for K-2 teachers offers an interdisciplinary immersion in ecoliteracy principles.
- Learn strategies for using your schoolyard as a meaningful learning environment
- Create in your students an awareness of and appreciation for the environment
- Come away with lessons and resources for integrating learning within the schoolyard
- Build partnerships with your colleagues from your school and throughout SFUSD
- Explore organizations and resources that can support ecoliteracy education for your students
Participants will gain the tools to fully integrate the green schoolyard with the State Common Core and Science Standards. Priority registration goes to teams of three or more teachers from the same school. Participating teachers will receive a $900 stipend, light breakfast and lunch each day, bus funds, and priority for seasonal field trips at local, environmental community partners.
For more information visit: www.sfecoliteracy.com/institute-2012
Note that the Academy is not the primary planner for this event, if you have specific questions you can contact SFUSD directly.