Do you know a science geek, filmmaker, artist, or maker in the 9th-12th grades?
The Academy is currently recruiting for our upcoming youth program, “Virtual Expeditions”. We are looking for youth who are excited about creating a science pop-up experience for Academy visitors. Please forward to youth who you think may be interested!
Virtual Expeditions: Making Science Come Alive for the Academy’s Visitors
Digital Learning is looking for a team of teens to work together over this school year to create a “virtual science expedition” for visitors to the Academy. Youth in the program will get to learn about our recent field expeditions around the world, and then will be challenged to translate what our scientists do in the field into an interactive, fun, and educational experience for our visitors. Interacting closely with our researchers, teens will use technologies like video, sensors, and mobile devices to make science come alive on the public floor.
Applications are due September 26 at 5pm.
For questions about the Virtual Expeditions program, email Rik Panganiban
Virtual Expeditions participants should:
- currently be in high school
- have a strong interest in science and the California Academy of Sciences
- enjoy working with digital media and technology (prior tech skills desired, but not required)
- want to create fun, educational experiences for the public
- commit to seeing through a project that will take many months to complete
Interested youth can apply here: http://tinyurl.com/VirtualExpeditions