Working in pairs, this workshop is designed for science and ELA educators based in the same middle school (grades 6-8). Teachers will study ecosystems, technology, and strategies for integrating reading, writing, critical thinking into the classroom.
- Individual and small group work
- Field activities to promote discussion and collaboration
- Science and literary activities
- Collaborative, inquiry-based units identifying key standards from the Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core Literacy Standards, and ISTE NETS (technology) standards
- A series of appropriate lessons, labs, and activities for the 2017-18 school year
- Integrative teaching practices to integrate mobile technologies (smartphones and tablets, as well as apps) into teaching and as a learning tool for students
Participants will be responsible for transportation to and from Charlevoix, MI, to ride the ferry to Beaver Island. All instructional costs, materials, and room and board on the island will be offered free of cost.