Visit the Pterosaurs Exhibit this Summer or Fall!
Plan a field trip to take advantage of this visiting exhibition. Who doesn't love ancient flying creatures?
Pterosaurs Exhibit Opens May 19, 2017
Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs
For as long as dinosaurs walked the Earth, flying animals called pterosaurs ruled the skies. Not birds, not bats, not dinosaurs—these extraordinary winged reptiles adapted for life in the air and were the first vertebrates to evolve powered flight.
In this revealing new exhibit, opening May 19, 2017, explore rare fossils and discover the amazing diversity and evolution of these ancient creatures. Walk beneath a life-size model of the largest animal to ever navigate the skies and marvel at its colossal size. View a fabulous array of real pterosaur skulls alongside colorful illustrations of head crests. “Soar” through the sky and virtual prehistoric landscapes within a “Fly like a Pterosaur” interactive.
When Should I Plan a Field Trip?
Pterosaurs will be on display through 2017, so you can
- bring your class in June (May field trips are sold out...)
- visit this summer if you teach at a year-round school or work at a youth-serving organization, or
- wait to bring next year's students in the fall!
Browse the Educator Exhibit Guides
- Pterosaurs Educator's Guide (Grades K-12)
- Science and Literacy Activity (Grades K-2)
- Science and Literacy Activity (Grades 3-5)
- Science and Literacy Activity (Grades 6-8)
- Science and Literacy Activity (Grades 9-12)
Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs is organized by the American Museum of Natural History, New York (www.amnh.org).