Customized Science Support for Schools & Districts
Is your school or district seeking professional development for a group of teachers?
Start a conversation with Academy staff to see if we could support your K-12 educators in 2018.
How Do We Support Teachers?
Our team can customize a professional learning sequence based on the goals of your school or district. We can host teachers here in our world-class museum, or travel to nearby school sites. We are open to partnerships that include:
- Delivering PD experiences for half-day, one-day, or multi-day sessions
- Building the capacity of teacher leaders within and across school sites
- Coaching teachers one-on-one in the classroom
- Coaching groups of teachers at school sites
- Facilitating planning days for groups of teachers
We can deliver one-day sessions or multi-day series focused on any of the following themes:
- NGSS: Introductory Workshop
- NGSS: Intermediate Workshops
- Making the Most of Science Notebooks
- Levels of Inquiry/Student Investigations
- Hands On/Minds On: Activity Before Content
- Exploring Phenomena: Using Science to Figure Things Out
- Science Discourse for the NGSS classroom
- ...and more!
Start the Conversation with Us for Support in 2018
Our ability to take on fee-for-service requests depends on the time of year and the capacity of our staff. The earlier you start a conversation with us, the more likely we can work your group into our calendar!
Update! Our PD team's calendar is filled to capacity in spring 2018. We are currently accepting requests for August 2018 and the 2018-2019 school year.