Customized Science Support for Schools & Districts
Is your school or district seeking professional development for a group of teachers?
Start a conversation with Academy staff to see if we could support your K-12 educators in 2019.
How Do We Support Teachers?
Our team can customize a professional learning sequence based on the goals of your school or district. We can host teachers here in our world-class museum, or travel to nearby school sites. We are open to partnerships that include:
- Delivering PD experiences for half-day, one-day, or multi-day sessions
- Building the capacity of teacher leaders within and across school sites
- Coaching teachers one-on-one in the classroom
- Coaching groups of teachers at school sites
- Facilitating planning days for groups of teachers
We can deliver one-day sessions or multi-day series focused on any of the following themes:
- NGSS: Introductory Workshop
- NGSS: Intermediate Workshops
- Making the Most of Science Notebooks
- Levels of Inquiry/Student Investigations
- Hands On/Minds On: Activity Before Content
- Exploring Phenomena: Using Science to Figure Things Out
- Science Discourse for the NGSS classroom
- ...and more!
Start a conversation with us!
Our ability to take on fee-for-service requests depends on the time of year and the capacity of our staff. The earlier you start a conversation with us, the more likely we can work your group into our calendar!
Update! Our PD team's calendar is currently filled to capacity for the 2018-2019 school year. We welcome you to contact us via the link below if you would like to be added to the waitlist for this year, or to begin a conversation about the 2019-2020 school year. Thank you!