Dates for the 2018-2019 school year are now available! After submitting your application, you'll receive a confirmation email from us within a week.
Duration: Approximately 35 minutes
The state-of-the-art Morrison Planetarium uses the latest scientific data and visualization techniques to chart your course to the edge of the solar system. This show is exclusively for student groups, and is presented live by Planetarium staff.
During this show your students will become virtual space explorers who will examine what causes the predictable motions in the sky as observed from Earth. Then, they will jet off to other objects in our solar system and try to apply their new understanding of Earth's cycles in order to discover some surprising patterns other planets have. The presentation will often touch on the following topics:
- predictable patterns and motions on Earth, including:
- moon (and Earth) phases
- yearly cycles of constellations as viewed from Earth
- planet tilt
- close-up views of some of our solar system's planets
- the scientific variation in "days" and "year" motions
- atmospheric models
- View of a planetary system around another star