Dates for the 2018-2019 school year are now available! After submitting your application, you'll receive a confirmation email from us within a week.
Duration: Approximately 35 minutes
The state-of-the-art Morrison Planetarium uses the latest scientific data and visualization techniques to chart your course through outer space. This show is exclusively for student groups, and is presented live by Planetarium staff.
During this show your students will become virtual space scientists who will examine the different layers that compose the worlds of our solar system. Then, they will jet off to other planets outside our solar system and apply their new understanding of what makes a planet tantalizingly Earth-like, or shockingly different. The presentation will touch on the following topics:
- composition of Earth, including:
- Earth’s interior (metallic core, lithosphere)
- Habitable surface (solid crust, hydrosphere, biosphere)
- Local space environment (atmosphere, magnetosphere)
How a planet’s structure is uncovered and how it allows us to understand the change over time the planet has experienced.
- The dawn of the age of exoplanets and how their discovery has allowed us to better understand the worlds of our solar system