We've served classrooms nationwide with online programs.
Jump into the Philippine Coral Reef tank with a diver, observe the night sky with an expert on astronomy, or visit an animal care room with a biologist.
Summer 2020, we are suspending reservations for Distance Learning programs to prepare for the fall semester.
In the meantime, join our Educator E-newsletter to learn about lessons, educational videos and more!
Recordings of Past Events
Click on the program title to access the recording and any materials needed. These recordings can be used for classrooms or individual students at home.
Teacher Tip: There will be pauses during the recordings to make observations or think about a question. Think about how you would like student to share their ideas/observations/questions with you during theses times.
- Penguins: Wings, Beaks, and Feathers, Oh My! (Grades K-2)
- Pingüinos: ¡Alas, picos, plumas, vaya! (Grados K-2)
- Penguins: Will You Be My Valentine? (Grades K-2)
- Art & Science: Nature as your Muse (Grades K-5)
- Let's Chat About Weather and Climate (Grades 3-5)
- Spooktacular Skulls (Grades 3-5)
- Tour of the Night Sky (Grades 3-6)
- Asteroids, Comets, and Meteors - Oh My! (Grades 3-7)
- Spot That Bird (Grades 4-5)
- Make Earth Day Every Day (Grades 4-8)
- Dive into a Lagoon with Rays and Their Friends That Live There (Grades 4-8)
- Scientist’s Scoop: Nudibranchs - Colorful Creatures of the Sea (Grades 4-12)
New! Recordings of our Morrison Planetarium livestreams:
How Will Your Students Interact With Us?
Via a Chat Box
Students get to see and hear the Academy expert, and enter comments and questions into a text-based chat window.
It's a Snap!
All you'll need is a computer with an internet connection, speakers loud enough for your class to hear, and a display large enough for your class to see.
Student Education programs and activities are generously supported by the Hearst Endowed Fund for Science Education; Barbara Bakar; and Wendy W. Kwok.