Science Under the Sea Stars
There’s snow place like the Academy during the holidays! Celebrate the science and spirit of the season at an all-new evening event just for kids and families. Dash and dance through the museum and enjoy:
- Special holiday menu items in the cafe such as potato latkes and eggnog pudding
- Interactive displays of Arctic animal specimens from the Academy’s collection
- A stage for special programs including a holiday-themed magic show
- A holiday cookie decorating station
- A snow science experiment
- Winter-themed crafts
- Falling snow flurries
- Puppet shows
- All exhibits, open late!
Know before you go
- Kids rule, but there are rules: All children must be accompanied by an adult!
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals like to dream of sugarplums, too.
- Living Worlds, our newest planetarium show, is showing at 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30 pm. Reservations are required: Scan the QR code in the lobby when you arrive. Please note that this show may not be appropriate for children under 7, and we regret that we cannot admit any child under 4.
- Food and beverages, including a variety of holiday-themed goodies, will be available for purchase in the Academy Café and The Terrace Restaurant. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- All guests 12+ must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event, and all guests 18+ must also provide photo ID.
- Masks are required indoors for all guests 2+.
- For more information, please visit our Health & Safety page.