Be the first to hear about distance learning programs, upcoming workshops, and new resources for science learning.
Better Than a Webinar: How to Facilitate Interactive Online PD
Now more than ever, teachers do not have any spare time to waste. Make sure their professional learning is time well-spent by facilitating high-quality interactive experiences-- even in virtual settings!
How can you engage teachers in meaningful active learning? How can you support equity of voice and make sure every participant feels included? How can teachers leave your Zoom session feeling energized and connected?
Go beyond the basic, one-way webinar and transform virtual professional development (PD) into an engaging, inclusive experience. Join us to explore the principles and strategies behind good online PD.
We will model concrete strategies that you can apply to your own virtual PD facilitation. You will participate in active learning, reflection, and discussion with fellow professional development providers. You will leave with a set of tools to bring your online PD facilitation to the next level.
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
2:30 pm to 5:00 pm (Pacific time)
What can I expect in an online workshop?
- Our online workshops take place on Zoom and are highly interactive. All workshops include both whole group and small group activities.
- We hope that participants will engage as fully as possible, while also realizing that we are all in different places and situations.
- We have designed our online professional development to be valuable for educators teaching online, in-person, and in hybrid situations.
- We don’t record our online workshops.
- All times posted are in the Pacific Time Zone.
How do I join?
Pre-registration for this online workshop is required. The Academy's professional development team will send the Zoom Meeting ID to registered educators a few days before the event.
Tickets are $35 for this 2.5 hour workshop. A limited number of tickets are available, and registration will close on or before Tuesday, October 26.
We're hosting virtual PD on Zoom in Summer 2021.