Be the first to hear about distance learning programs, upcoming workshops, and new resources for science learning.
Digging Into Data (grades 6 - 12)
What can data tell us about the world? This workshop will explore ways to create meaningful learning experiences based on data and graphs found online, as well as data sets generated by your students.
Support students in using data to draw conclusions and tell stories about the world. Prepare them to think critically about claims made based on data and correlations.
This three-hour online learning experience will be highly interactive and will engage you in small-group discussions and individual exploration. You will try out activities as a learner, as well as reflect with your peers on how to apply these ideas in your own teaching.
This workshop is designed for teachers of grades 6 - 12. All educators are welcome.
Saturday, February 5, 2022
9:00 am to noon (Pacific time)
What can I expect in an online workshop?
- Our online workshops take place on Zoom and are highly interactive. All workshops include both whole group and small group activities.
- We hope that participants will engage as fully as possible, while also realizing that we are all in different places and situations.
- We have designed our online professional development to be valuable for educators teaching online, in-person, and in hybrid situations.
- We don’t record our online workshops.
- All times posted are in the Pacific Time Zone.
How do I join?
Pre-registration for this online workshop is required. The Academy's professional development team will send the Zoom Meeting ID to registered educators a few days before the event.
Tickets are $35 for this 3-hour workshop. A limited number of tickets are available, and registration will close on or before Friday, February 4.