Be the first to hear about distance learning programs, upcoming workshops, and new resources for science learning.
Exploring your Environment with Math and Science *Online* (Grades 3-5)
Science and math overlap in fascinating ways. But what does this actually mean for instruction? Join us to explore how students can think as mathematicians and scientists, bringing skills from both fields to figure things out about the natural world.
What do scientists and mathematicians have in common, and how do they work together? Experience model activities that bring together math practices and science practices and support students to succeed at both. These activities will also get students outside and exploring biodiversity and other features of their school grounds or local environment. Workshop participants will reflect on their learning experience and discuss ways to apply the pedagogical strategies in their own context.
This three-hour online learning experience will be highly interactive and will engage participants in small-group discussions and individual exploration.
This workshop is designed for teachers of grades 3-5. All educators are welcome.
Wednesday, July 13, 2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
What can I expect in an online workshop?
- Our online workshops take place on Zoom and are highly interactive. All workshops include both whole group and small group activities.
- We hope that participants will engage as fully as possible, while also realizing that we are all in different places and situations.
- We have designed our online professional development to be valuable for educators teaching online, in-person, and in hybrid situations.
- We don’t record our online workshops.
- All times posted are in the Pacific Time Zone.
How do I join?
Pre-registration for this online workshop is required. The Academy's professional development team will send the Zoom Meeting ID to registered educators a few days before the event.
Tickets are $35 for this 3-hour workshop. A limited number of tickets are available, and registration will close on or before Tuesday, July 12, 2022.