Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Grab your high-waisted mom jeans and your flannel and get yourself to ‘90s NightLife for a celebration of iconic pop culture.
DJ Set by The Bedazzlers
Live Talks: '90s in Space
At 7:30 PM, Catch a live talk from Jill Tarter, the Chair Emeritus of SETI and inspiration for the character Dr. Eleanor Arroway in the 1997 film Contact.
At 8:30 PM, Take a closer look at some of your favorite your favorite '90s movies about the red planet with Dr. Pascal Lee, co-founder and chairman of the Mars Insitute.
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Step into the garden for an epic medley of '90s movie soundtracks (think Forrest Gump, Hook, and yes, Sonic the Hedgehog) by the Awesöme Orchestra Collective.
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Forgot your quarters? Don't have a cow, man. '90s Arcade Games (including The Simpsons) will be set on free play all night.
6 PM - 10 PM
Chat with Bay Area experts as they highlight or debunk the science in some of the decade’s biggest movies, from Jurassic Park to Gattaca.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Journey through our universe, guided by Tom Hanks.