Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Art Tech NightLife
An electric and eclectic night awaits as MUTEK.SF, the groundbreaking electronic music and art festival, takes over NightLife as part of its inaugural San Francisco edition.
-----> Catch a series of mind-bending audiovisual works created for the Morrison Planetarium dome, including “Nimbes” by Joanie Lemercier with music by James Ginzburg (of Emptyset) and “Structure” by Jesse Woolston.
-----> Science, technology, and art experts participate in “When Tech Meets Art,” a three-part discussion on futurism presented in partnership with French Tech San Francisco’sAfter Tomorrow series. During three distinct panel talks, guests from Gray Area, MUTEK Montreal, Stanford University, and more will explore immersive experiences, AI, blockchains, and other technological innovations and how they might inspire new kinds of artistic creation.
-----> Bask in the glow of neon with an on-site installation by Maker Faire faves Cool Neon and learn about the world of possibilities opened by programmable LEDs. Transform your world with Wavy, a new augmented reality app that adds 3D visuals that move with the music you’re listening to.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
EARTHQUAKE EXHIBIT CLOSED
- Earthquake exhibit is closed in preparation for an all new exhibit.
*Please note—the Shake House will return in June with an all new look and feel!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Explore the future of art and technology with programming by MUTEK.SF.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.
Tonight, NightLife pays tribute to Ray "Bones" Bandar with insider views into his world renowned bone collection
NightLife shines a spotlight on Academy researchers, collections and more!