Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Art Tech NightLife
An electric and eclectic night awaits as MUTEK.SF, the groundbreaking electronic music and art festival, takes over NightLife as part of its inaugural San Francisco edition.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
MUTEK.SF in the Dome
6:30, 7:30 & 8:30pm
Catch a series of mind-bending audiovisual works created for the Morrison Planetarium dome, including “Nimbes” by Joanie Lemercier with music by James Ginzburg (of Emptyset) and “Structure” by Jesse Woolston.
Sea of Sounds
6:00 - 8:30pm - San Francisco’s Topazu sets the course for the sea of sounds and hypnotic rhythm.
8:30 - 10:00pm - A live performance by Night Sea, crafters of ambient techno finish out the night.
6:00 - 10:00pm
DJ Vague Terrain will soundtrack the museum, providing a future forward set to compliment the night of exploration.
When Tech Meets Art
Science, technology, and art experts participate in “When Tech Meets Art,” a three-part discussion on futurism presented in partnership with The French Consulate in San Francisco’s After Tomorrow series.
7:00pm - Enriching musical experiences through virtual reality? with Vincent Cavaroc, Artistic Director, Tropisme, France, Cyril Guiraud, co-founder of doubleOone & professional musician, and Han Jin, CEO of Lucid VR.
8:00pm - How do artificial intelligence and art intertwine? with Josette Melchor, Gray Area Founder (San Francisco), Alicia Sabuncuoglu, Strategic Partner Development Manager for Social Impact at Google, Dorothée Chabas, neurologist, painter and specialist of neuroesthetics, and Juliette Bibasse, digital art curator and producer.
9:00pm - Building the ultimate live performance: robot or augmented human? with Alain Mongeau, MUTEK. Montreal Director, Josiah Zayner, biohacker and scientist, ex-NASA researcher, and Jessica Riskin, Professor of History of Science at Stanford university
This discussion is sponsored by Mutek.SF and After Tomorrow, a season by the French Consulate in San Francisco, the Cultural and Scientific Services of the French Embassy in the United States, French Tech San Francisco, Institut Français and theFrench American Cultural Society.
6:00 - 10:00pm
Bask in the glow of neon with an on-site installation by Maker Faire faves Cool Neon and learn about the world of possibilities opened by programmable LEDs.
AR & Music
6:00 - 10:00pm
Transform your world with Wavy, a new augmented reality app that adds 3D visuals that move with the music you’re listening to.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
EARTHQUAKE EXHIBIT CLOSED
- Earthquake exhibit is closed in preparation for an all new exhibit.
*Please note—the Shake House will return in June with an all new look and feel!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Unlock the mysteries of terroir with a night of sipping, smelling, and exploring the science of coffee and wine.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of neuroscience + human health.
We asked, you chose: goats. Join us for a “viewers’ choice” GOAT NightLife, celebrating goats and the G.O.A.Ts.