Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
You know what they say: Birds of a feather flock together. That’s why we’re inviting all of our beer-and-animal-loving friends to migrate over to NightLife: Flocktoberfest, for an evening of birds and beers at our unique take on Oktoberfest.
Sounds by Anthony Dragons
Check out Anthony Dragons' exclusive NightLife playlist on Spotify
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Parrots & Pubs
- At 7:30 PM, Learn about the “Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill” and how local bird rescue organization Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue helps keep them healthy.
- At 8:30 PM, All hail the ale! Test your beer knowledge with trivia led by Hella Coastal Brewery, the first Black-owned brewery in Oakland.
Fits & Flicks
6 - 10 PM
- Get your Flocktoberfest T-shirt hot off the press from our neighborhood friends San Franpsycho and then immediately immortalize it with a photobooth pic from Snap Yourself.
6 - 10 PM
- Say hello to some of the City’s finest flocks of pigeons and parrots with Palomacy and Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue.
- Birds aren’t the only animals that gather in flocks. Grab a beer and chill with Little Explorers Petting Zoo’s flock of sheep and ducks (plus their emotional support goats).
- Meet the folks at Golden Gate Audubon Society who are dedicated to protecting Bay Area birds, other wildlife, and their natural habitats.
- Academy Senior Research Fellow, Durrell Kapan and other members from our ornithology team will showcase flocking specimens from our collections and share more about this fascinating trait.
- What would Flocktoberfest be without the beer? Try out selections from Headlands, King Cong, SLO, Lead Dog, Hella Coastal, and Del Cielo.
**Please Note** Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase nearby in the East Garden. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables, only beer tickets. All beer tickets are non-refundable.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Santa Claude is comin’ to town! Shop your heart away at our merry marketplace of gift-worthy treasures.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.