Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife LIVE: Kevin Morby
*Please note premier ticket price for NightLife LIVE events: $22 per person, $18 for Academy members
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:45 - 8:45pm Bay Area-based musician Hannah van Loon will bring her latest solo project Tanukichan to the stage in all its dream pop glory.
8:45 - 9:45pm Close out your San Francisco summer with the final NightLife LIVE performance of the year with folk-rock singer-songwriter Kevin Morby He’ll bring guitar-soaked tracks from his latest album City Music, which Pitchfork praised for its “elegant, dusky atmosphere”.
Art, Albums and Screen Prints
Swamp & Project Lab
6:00 - 9:50pm
Get hands-on with science-inspired crafts and creativity workshops with artist Lydia Ortiz, spruce up your record collection by visiting Amoeba Records’ pop-up shop, and collect all of San Franpsycho’s “one-night-only” screen printed shirts designed just for NightLife LIVE. *BYOB Screen print only - $10; Shirt and Print - $25
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences, the museum’s weekly Thursday night party for science-curious adults 21+, launches its fourth annual NightLife LIVE summer music series. This year’s headliners include Com Truise, Elohim, Classixx, and Kevin Morby along with supporting acts The Seshen, Caleborate, SUMif and Tanukichan. In true NightLife style, SF’s top DJs will keep the party going throughout the museum, including rotating sets by Chulita Vinyl Club, B-Side Brujas, and Sweater Funk.
This year’s NightLife LIVE events will take place on July 12th, August 9th, September 13th, and October 11th, in addition to the Academy’s regular NightLife events held every week. Partnering with Bay Area music promoters Noise Pop, Outside Lands, and Treasure Island Music Festival, NightLife LIVE pairs emerging bands and musicians with cutting-edge visual artists in an immersive intersection of science, music, and art. The only museum in the world to combine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, and living rainforest, live performances on an outdoor stage transform the Academy into one of San Francisco’s most unique live music venues in the heart of Golden Gate Park.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Celebrate love, equality, and the rainbow spectrum of self-expression at NightLife's annual LGBTQ Pride party.
NightLife kicks off its sixth annual NightLife LIVE summer music series with a performance from
Men I Trust.
Follow the brewing process from botanical inception to foamy finish with a pop-up beer garden and more.
Be the first to see the Academy’s sixth annual BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition exhibit.