Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with an evening of after hours science in the greenest museum on the planet.
Music by DJ Nina Tarr
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Spotlight on Science
6 - 10pm
Get acquainted with a handful of the researchers behind the Academy’s work around the world and check out specimens from our over 100 year-old collections.
Coral Reef Dive
Philippine Coral Reef
Catch an after hours dive show from the underwater biology team and learn more about all it takes to keep the world's deepest coral reef tank flourishing.
6 - 10pm
Head outside for a little winter, Bay Area-style, by taking a lap around our festive outdoor Holiday Ice Rink, donned with extra disco sparkle just for NightLife.
Please note: tickets for the Holiday Ice Rink are $10 per person (including skate rental) and are not included in general NightLife admission.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Our Planetarium Presenter will take you on a tour through space and time to explore what we learned from Cassini
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.
Once a year the living & dead reunite. Join us in honoring departed souls in celebration of Día de los Muertos.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.