Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife Spotlight: Darwin
Set sail for a journey to the Galápagos Islands, NightLife-style. We’re shining a spotlight on this unique archipelago and its importance to Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution during an evening of exploration with Academy scientists. Learn about the Academy’s century-old history of exploration and research in the Galápagos. Check out herpetology and entomology specimens from the islands alongside Darwin’s hawkmoth, British beetles, and other specimens studied by the world-renowned naturalist. Learn about the inspiration behind painter Tiffany Bozic’s new book, Unnatural Selections, and create your own “field sketches” à la Darwin during Unlocked Art Lab.
Full details coming soon!
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Planetarium Presenter Hannah is your tour guide on this exploration of planets and moons that run hot & cold!
How did life on Earth begin? Take a high-speed tour of key events since the Big Bang.
Upcoming NightLife Events
It’s a matter of NightLife and death when we team up with the Reimagine Festival to examine the big questions.
An electric night awaits as NightLife digs into AI and the ways in which it’s transforming our world.
We’re going back in time with our Dino Days festival—and the most popular dinosaur movie of all time.
NightLife celebrates National Women’s History Month with a spotlight on women in science from around the Bay.