Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: Summertime Bazaar
Three words: Treat. Yo’. Self. Find the ‘crème de la crème’ of indie goods at our first NightLife Bazaar: summer edition. Co-presented by SF Bazaar
Sounds by Jay Midnight
- At 8:00, Explore the many uses of chaga and adaptogenic mushrooms during a talk from The Chaga Company— perfect for the fungi-lovers out there
- At 8:15, Put a rosy tint on your evening with a presentation from Arcadian Stained Glass
- At 8:30, Learn all about air plant biology and care with The Garden Home
- At 8:45, Catch a special beaded earring demo with Indigenous Luxury.
6 - 9 PM
- Cool off with a scoop of a special flavor of ice cream made in honor of our favorite cold-blooded cronie, Claude! Available for a very limited time from Humphrey Slocombe.
6 - 10 PM
- Slow down, have a seat and reclaim your inner peace by learning about the rich history of Chinese tea ceremonies with Fabula Tea.
Piazza & Swamp
6 - 10 PM
Peruse a pop-up marketplace packed with one-of-a-kind items, including original artwork, ceramics and pottery, handcrafted jewelry, apothecary products, and more - presented by SF Bazaar.
- Darci Shea Studios
- Brigadeiro Sprinkles
- Seto Arts
- Tiny Right Brain Designs
- Cryptidzoo Interactive
- Indigenous Luxury
- CocoTutti Chocolates
- Light & Flicker
- Maya Bauman Design
- SAADIA ART LLC
- Aqua Cherry
- Blue Seal Pottery
- Hartstring Jewelry
- Arcadian Stained Glass
- Fabula Tea
- HEAVENLY SOAP COMPANY
- The Gulliver & Co.
- S for Sparkle
- Maureen Shields
- Recover Your Thoughts
- Somnia City
- Woof Baked Goods
- The Chaga Company
- The Garden Home
- Tina Fossella Pottery
- Catch The Cuteness, LLC
- Shelbe Shop
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep staff and guests safe, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for entry, and boosters and indoor masking are strongly encouraged. Feeling under the weather? Please NightLife another time! View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Join us for an evening dedicated to the inspiring intersections of science and art.
From fossil-inspired Pokémon to classic games & a Super Smash Bros. tournament, this NightLife it’s Game On.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.
Behold as both humans and animals use the power of illusion to mystify your senses for one magical night.