Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!
DJ Set by Jay Midnight
Live Talks: Uncovered
7:30 & 8:30 PM
Exhibit Premier: Skin
Explore the shape-shifting, color-changing, and ever-evolving nature of this complex organ in our new exhibit, Skin: Living Armor, Evolving Identity.
Find out about the “skin” of your own eye and how its epithelial barrier helps to protect your vision with UC Berkeley researcher Stephanie Wan. Plus check out the skin on some of the most interesting specimens from our collections with Academy researchers.
VR Experience: A Drop in the Ocean*
- Explore the ocean from a plankton's perspective in the Academy's brand new VR installation "Drop in the Ocean". *This experience is not included in the General Admission price.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Embark on a journey into the hidden world of coral reefs.