Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Virtual NightLife: Creatures of the Night
Curious spirits, awaken! The creatures come out as we transform our annual Halloween event into a spine-tingling Virtual NightLife full of science, death, and drag, with terrifyingly entertaining performances by the Rice Rockettes.
- Underwater photographer and biologist Jeff Milisen shares spooky stories and “sea monster” encounters from his years of blackwater diving in Hawaii, highlighting the brutal life of squids as they hunt hapless lanternfish and serve as prey for an assortment of much larger predators.
- Zombie worms, football-sized creepy-crawlies, and a thieving shark.... three alligator carcasses meet three unique fates in the depths of the ocean. River Bryant, PhD Fellow at the University of Louisiana, shares the tale of her team’s experiment to find out if sunken alligator carcasses could serve as feasts for the creatures of the deep.
- Learn how (and why) you’d want to draw a jumping spider’s attention with arachnid expert Dr. Sebastian Alejandro Echeverri (aka Spiderday Night LIVE).
- Brad Wolfe, founder of Reimagine, shares new trends in the future of death with an exploration of alternative and innovative burial practices.
- Get ready for sugar, spice, and everything Rice Rockettes when Estée Longah and Vermicelli Versace conjure up some Halloween-themed performances.
PAST VIRTUAL NIGHTLIFE EVENTS
Missed the party? Just want to relive the magic? Watch the recorded livestreams on YouTube!
Upcoming NightLife Events
Come virtual birdwatching with us to explore the world of pelicans, gulls, waders, and other coastal birds.
Celebrate the beginning of a new lunar year with an ode to the moon.
Close your eyes and listen to music, nature, and the universe during an evening dedicated to surprising sounds.
Learn about the now-extinct iconic California grizzly bears that once roamed the entire length of the state.