Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Virtual NightLife, Vol. 6: Pride
We’re joining this year’s virtual Pride celebrations with a special edition of our 10th-annual Pride NightLife, hosted by drag queen extraordinaire (and longtime friend of NightLife) Heklina. She’ll be performing classic songs throughout the evening, bringing the glam straight from her home to yours.
- Kick off the evening with a cocktail demo coming at you straight from Jolene’s, the Mission’s newest queer bar and home of UHAULSF and Swagger Like Us parties.
- Terry Beswick, Executive Director of the GLBT Historical Society & this year’s Grand Marshal of SF Pride, gives a mini-tour of the online exhibitions currently on view. They celebrate 50 years of Pride, from the birth of the SF Pride movement to the art and activism of rainbow-flag creator Gilbert Baker.
- Two years after launching during Pride, 500 Queer Scientists is now a community of more than 10,000 people. Co-founder Lauren Esposito talks about why visibility for LGBTQ+ STEM workers and diversity in science are so critical.
- Learn about ABO Comix, a collective of creators and activists who work to amplify the voices of LGBTQ prisoners through art, and get a virtual tour of their gallery and a sneak peek at their upcoming anthology, Confined Before COVID-19: A Pandemic Anthology by LGBTQ Prisoners.
- Celebrate the 20th anniversary of QWOCMAP (Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project) with a screening of How To Respect Gender Pronouns by Imani Outen, a comedic short film in which a Black woman’s understanding of gender unfurls in wonder.
PAST VIRTUAL NIGHTLIFE EVENTS
Missed the party? Just want to relive the magic? Watch the recorded livestreams on YouTube!