Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife hosts an evening of yoga! Enjoy classes throughout the museum by Yoga Tree and Yoga Flow SF.
*Remember to bring your Yoga mat if you want to participate!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Vinyasa Flow in African Hall
Hosted by Yoga Tree
7:00, 8:00 & 9:00 pm, Enjoy a Vinyasa Flow class among majestic dioramas of African landscapes!
Instructor: Lauren Slater of Yoga Tree.
Class Length: 1 Hour
*Note: African Hall yoga classes are first-come, first-served. Capacity is limited. Early arrival is highly recommended.
Hatha Yoga in the Coral Reef
Hosted by Yoga Flow SF
6:30, 7:30 & 8:30 pm, Roll out your mat in front of a Philippine coral reef with a soothing mix of Hatha and Vinyasa.
Instructor: Lindsey Kraten of Yoga Flow SF.
Class Length: 45 Minutes
*Note: All Coral Reef classes require a pass which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 6:00 pm in the Piazza (Level 1). Capacity is limited. Early arrival is highly recommended.
Space Yoga in the Forum Gallery
Hosted by Yoga Tree
7:45 & 8:45, Find your zen while flying through space travel projections synced to an atmospheric meditation soundtrack.
Instructor: Linda Souders of Yoga Tree.
Class Length: 35 Minutes
*Note: All Forum Gallery classes require a pass which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 6:00 pm in the Piazza (Level 1). Capacity is limited. Early arrival is highly recommended.
Mindful Technology by the Project Lab
6:00 - 10:00 pm, Check out wellness-inspired mobile apps Skimble & BrainBot. Learn about the science behind therapeutic approaches to pain treatment with Stanford Medecine post-doc Nick Karayannis. Plus, sample refreshing Kombucha with Health-Ade Kombucha.
DJ in the Piazza
6:00 - 10:00 pm, Music by DJ Manitous
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- Yoga class capacity is limited in each location and entry is not guaranteed. Forum Gallery and Coral Reef classes require passes which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 6:00 pm in the Piazza (Level 1).
- Please bring your own Yoga mat. We will not be able to supply extras if you forget them.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 6:30 pm. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight! And if craft cocktails aren't your thing, check out our craft beer offerings from Anchor Brewing Co.
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Explore two of today’s greatest cosmic mysteries—dark matter and dark energy!
Santa Claude is comin’ to town! Shop your heart away at our merry marketplace of gift-worthy treasures.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.