Let us know how we can help.
Statewide and regional trainer networks in select geographic areas provide out-of-school time programs with expanded access to SAC resources.
Join a SAC Trainer Network
By connecting to a local SAC trainer network, summer camps and afterschool programs may receive scholarship opportunities, hands-on professional development, and ongoing coaching and support from a certified SAC trainer.
To be eligible, programs must agree to:
- Recruit at least 15 youth in grades 5-8 to participate in Science Action Club.
- Implement all twelve SAC activities per unit.
- Provide reliable Internet access and at least one mobile device per club. Projectors, speakers, and additional mobile devices are strongly recommended.
- Conduct citizen science activities (included in SAC curriculum) and report nature observations (Internet access required).
- Track youth attendance and participate in program evaluation activities.
Science Action Club is a nationwide STEM program for middle school youth in out-of-school time.