Whether you are a seasoned science educator or new to the field, Science Action Club trainings make it easy and fun to lead hands-on STEM activities with youth.
The full SAC program kit includes self-paced online training for program staff, 12 activity plans, and tools and supplies for 20 youth. Available online and in-person, trainings provide step-by-step guidance for all 12 activities in each unit, as well as valuable science content and helpful strategies for teaching STEM in an informal learning environment.
Included with each SAC kit, our online trainings are interactive and fun! Using games, videos, and storytelling, each training provides two hours of asynchronous instruction with step-by-step guidance for all activity plans, as well as important science background content and helpful teaching strategies.
Available for computers and mobile devices, online trainings can be completed at your own pace and on your own schedule.
Virtual Activity Leader Trainings (ALT) provide live, high-quality training on SAC’s nature activities, detailed guidance on scientific content, and best practices for leading STEM in informal learning environments.
The Activity Leader Training will cover:
- Adaptations for leading SAC with youth in-person and virtually
- STEM facilitation strategies
- Ways to bring citizen science into your program
At the end of the training, you will have:
- A kit of STEM materials with adaptable supplies for 20 youth
- A guidebook with 12 activity plans
- Ongoing access to the online training course and bonus resources for educators
Does your program have unique needs? Looking for something special? We’re happy to offer customized trainings tailor-made exclusively for your program staff. Available onsite* or virtually, each training features:
- Coaching and support for leading STEM with youth
- Hands-on practice with SAC activities
- A facilitated professional learning community
Customized trainings are available for organizations that purchase SAC materials and can contribute to speaker fees.
*Please note: The availability of onsite training depends on the public health guidelines in place in your area.
Questions about SAC? We’re here to help.