TASC focuses on helping teens to design, build, and implement youth-led programming that enhances science understanding and passion for the natural world. Primary TASC activities include:
- Creating public programs that teach science to the Academy’s guests
- Delivering and facilitating science experiences on the public floor
- Building confidence and interpersonal skills through a positive learning community
- Participating in a variety of educational outreach opportunities across the San Francisco Bay Area
Within TASC, the Leadership Design Team (LDT) is a smaller group of experienced program participants who want to challenge themselves by leading the creation of public programs used by their TASC peers.
To be eligible for the Teen Advocates for Science Communication Program, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in 9th -12th grade
- Commit to one program day per week
- Have an interest in science and the natural world
How to Apply:
Recruitment for the Teens Advocates for Science Communications program happens three times a year. Selected applicants go through a group interview process to ensure a good fit and commitment to the program. Sign up for our Youth Programs mailing list to stay informed about all teen opportunities, including when program applications open.