Did you know that Bank of America has provided Student Leaders with Leadership training since 2004?
Their Student Leaders program connects youth with employment that helps to give them the necessary tools and resources they need to advance. Through the Student Leaders program, high school juniors and seniors step outside of the classroom to contribute service in their own communities and beyond.
Student Leaders are awarded paid summer internships with local nonprofit organizations and participate in a Student Leadership Summit held in Washington, D.C.
Know youth who may be interested in the 2014 Student Leaders program?
The application period for the 2014 Student Leaders Program is now open.
The Student Leaders program is an eight-week summer experience for high school juniors and seniors. The program includes a paid internship with a local nonprofit organization as well as the Student Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C. The program gives Student Leaders the opportunity to develop and apply leadership skills through hands-on community work experience while discovering their own talents for serving their community and leading others. Click here to apply.
To become a Student Leader, one must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school
- Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leadership Summit in Washington, DC. (All expenses paid as part of the Student Leaders Program. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.)
- Be a student in good standing at your school
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator.
Spread the word!