If coming from the north, the Concourse Parking Facility is located on Fulton Street and 10th Avenue. From the south, enter the park from 9th Avenue and Lincoln Street then take a right on Music Concourse Drive to enter the garage. Please note that on weekends and holidays, the garage often fills to capacity early in the day. Public transportation is highly encouraged during these times.
Accessible parking is available in the Music Concourse Parking Facility. There are 15 wheelchair accessible spots near the elevator. The front entrance to the museum can be accessed from the garage by elevator.
A real-time capacity report of the parking garage is available on your mobile phone to further facilitate your parking experience. Visit m.calacademy.org to find out whether the Academy's parking garage has additional capacity or is currently full.
Millberry Union Public Garage
San Francisco, CA 94122
Rates: $3.00 per hour
Distance from the Academy: 1.1 miles
Nearby Public Transportation: N-Judah Streetcar
Kezar Stadium Parking Lot
755 Stanyan St
San Francisco, CA 94117
Rates: $2.50 hour
Distance from the Academy: 1.2 miles
Nearby Public Transportation: 71 Noriega Bus
A message from SFPD Richmond District Police Captain Richard Corriea
Automobile break-ins continue to be a problem for visitors to Golden Gate Park. Police officers patrol regularly in an effort to prevent crime and apprehend offenders; however, we need your help. In nearly every break-in there were items of value left visible in the passenger area of the victim’s car. Criminals target cars that contain items that have a potential for profit. If your car’s passenger compartment is empty, the odds are that the thief will go elsewhere. So, please don’t leave anything inside the passenger compartment of your car when it is unattended. This includes CDs, coins and even empty paper bags.
Items most often reported taken include: GPS devices, lap-top computers, brief cases, luggage, purses, coins, cigarettes and empty packages of all types.
The San Francisco Police Department and San Francisco SAFE want to help reduce the chance of vehicle break-ins and vehicle theft.
Here are some tips to minimize the chance of being targeted:
- Don’t leave ANY personal or valuable items inside a vehicle.
- Lock all valuables inside the trunk before arriving at your destination. If your vehicle has a passenger compartment trunk release, items in your trunk are at risk.
- Doors should be locked and windows rolled up.
- Use anti-theft devices like "The Club" or an alarm system.
- Removable stereo systems should never be left in a vehicle.
- GPS mapping devices – dash or windshield mounted – should never be left in a vehicle.
- Report break-ins and thefts to the San Francisco Police Department at (415) 553-0123, at any district police station, or online at www.sfgov.org/police.
- Call the police if you see someone tampering with a vehicle.
To report a crime in progress call 9-1-1.