1. The contest theme is: Our Cool Planet: Taking Action for a Better Future. Design artwork showing actions that can help create a better future by slowing down climate change. Ideas include: zero waste (reducing, reusing, composting, & recycling); planting trees & gardens; conserving energy; walking, biking & taking public transportation; eating less beef. Be creative, positive & hopeful!
2. All entries must be on 11x17 paper. Do not roll or fold.
3. Use tempera paint, bright crayon or collage. Bold color is best! No digital art, 3-D art, or sculpture will be accepted.
4. On the back of each entry, write: Student’s Full Name, Age, School & Grade as of September 2018.
5. Include the name, organization and email address of the teacher/coordinator/counselor/librarian, etc. responsible for leading activity with this student. Parents of the winning student are not eligible to win adult prize money even if they led activity with their child.
6. The contest begins May 23rd, 2018. Entries must be received by 10am Tuesday, September 4th, 2018. Send to: Poster Contest; SF Environment; 1455 Market Street #1200; San Francisco, CA 94103. Office hours are M-F 9-5. All entries become property of SF Environment and will not be returned.
7. Winners will be announced by September 12th, 2018, online at SFEnvironment.org.
The winning student and their teacher/facilitator will both receive $250! One winner will be selected from each category: K-5, 6-8, 9-12
Questions? Call 415-355-3763 or email: Tamar.Hurwitz@SFGov.org