Dates through June 5, 2020, are now available. For requests for field trips through this summer, we’ll send your confirmation soon. For 2019-2020 school year trips, we'll likely contact you in August.
Choose Your Own Pathway
We recommend aligning your visit with a singular learning objective. Less is more!
- Select your learning objective.
- Find one exhibit that fits this goal well.
- Design a simple self-guided or group activity, or browse through the Academy's scavenger hunts. Emphasize concepts rather than facts. Use things you can observe directly rather than focusing on text. Consider using these scaffolds for field trips that involve a tiny bit of pre-work in students' science notebooks.
- Scan through the daily calendar and interactive exhibits. Would you like to instruct your chaperones to make sure students get to experience one or more?
- Leave time for student exploration, social interaction, and memory-making! Academy staff and docents are scattered throughout the building. Encourage your students to talk with them!
- Consider reading this Social Story to prepare younger students for their visit.