Grade level: 6-10
Length: 5.5 minutes
Next Generation Science Standards: MS-ESS3-3, MS-ESS3-4, MS-LS2-3 (PEs); MS-ESS3.C, MS-LS4.D, MS-LS2.B (DCIs); Systems, Energy and Matter (CCCs)
Ocean Literacy Principles: 1h, 5a, 6b, 6d, 6g, 7c
Video Discussion Questions:
- What kinds of questions might you want to ask before buying or ordering seafood, and why?
- What do you think ‘sustainable’ means? What might sustainable fishing look like?
- What does fishing or eating ‘high on the marine food chain’ mean? Is it better to eat ‘lower on the food chain’? Why or why not?
- How does pollution (like mercury) move through a marine food chain?
- What are different ways that farmed fish are grown and raised? How do they compare?