Join astronauts, scientists, educators, and space enthusiasts to learn all about asteroids and their role in our solar system on the first-annual Asteroid Day, a global day of awareness.
In partnership with the B612 Foundation, the Academy will host a special day-long event for families, youth, and adults alike featuring interactive presentations, educational activities, and special guests. Catch a presenter-led presentation of Asteroids: Science...With an Impact in the Academy’s Hohfeld Hall, view real meteorites from the Academy’s geology collection, and more.
The event kicks off at 10 am with a special welcome from the Academy’s Director of Morrison Planetarium Ryan Wyatt and will feature talks by special guests, including:
- David Morrison, Seth Shostak, and Peter Jenniskens from the SETI Institute
- Anousheh Ansari, First Female Private Space Explorer and First Space Ambassador
- Ed Lu, former astronaut and CEO of the B612 Foundation
- Rusty Schweickart, Apollo 9 astronaut and co-founder of the Association for Space Explorers
- Scott Manley, Astronogamer, Kerbal enthusiast and YouTube personality
For details on Asteroid Day, visit asteroidday.org
Activities will take place in the Piazza from 10 am to 5 pm.