Get a new perspective on earthquakes with this rich collection of multimedia resources. You'll learn why earthquakes happen, how they've shaped the Bay Area, and what you can do to prepare for the next one.
What is an Earthquake?
- Anatomy of an Earthquake
- From Core to Crust: Defining Earth’s Layers
- Inside the Earth: Exploring Earth’s Layers
- Plate Tectonics: Shaping the Continents
- Evidence of Plate Tectonics
- Plate Tectonics and Ancient Civilizations
- Plate Boundaries: Divergent, Convergent, and Transform
- Faults: Where Earthquakes Occur
- What Are Seismic Waves? [KQED]
- How to Find the Epicenter of an Earthquake [KQED]
- Measuring Earthquakes: Intensity and Magnitude [KQED]
- Building for Earthquakes [KQED]
Bay Area Earthquakes