Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Brain & Body NightLife
Join NightLife for an on-going event series that explores the brain and body with mind-expanding talks, cutting edge demos, and yoga sessions around the museum. Treat your mind and body to yoga sessions around the museum by Yoga Tree, Yoga Works and Outdoor Yoga SF.
Silent Disco Yoga
6:45 & 7:45pm (Limited headphones, Passes required)
Roll out your mat in the aquarium, either around the Philippine Coral Reef or in the groovy jellyfish-filled Water Planet, for “silent disco yoga” to a live DJ set by DJ Avani & Outdoor Yoga SF, which specializes in beachside yoga.
Silent Disco Dance Session
8:45 - 9:45pm
Miss the Yoga or just want to groove with the fish? Grab a pair of headphones for an hour of good ol' fashioned Silent Disco Dance off.
7:00, 8:00pm (Drop in - No Passes required)
Practice your vinyasa in the savannah alongside zebras and antelopes in African Hall with Dianna Oppenheim from Yoga Tree.
Mind & Body Talks
(Science Today, East Pavilion)
Learn more about the connection between the mind & body with talks from Yoga Tree teachers and specialists.
- 7:30 - Melissa Mae
- 7:45 - Greg Wieting
- 8:00 - David Cho
6:30 & 8:30pm
Clear your mind with new meditation sessions led by WITHIN Meditation.
Tips & Tech
6:00 - 9:45pm
Feed your body wisely with holistic nutrition tips from Bauman College & check out the new sleek tech by Motiv designed to keep you motivated throughout the day.
- Yoga class capacity is limited in each location and entry is not guaranteed.
- Aquarium classes require passes which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 5:30 pm on the front concourse.
- Please bring your own yoga mat.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Channel your inner Jedi during an evening of galactic entertainment inspired by a galaxy far, far away.
’Tis the season to stuff those stockings and shop locally with a merry marketplace curated by SF Bazaar.
Put down the button mushrooms and discover fungi’s true potential!
Laugh your face off as SF Sketchfest takes over the museum for a knee-slapping night.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.