Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Brain & Body NightLife
Music by DJ Hyfi
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife continues its ongoing series exploring the fascinating world of human health and wellness with mind-expanding talks, cutting edge demos, and yoga sessions around the museum hosted by Yoga Tree and Yoga Works.
-----> Join one of several popular yoga sessions around the museum with Yoga Tree and YogaWorks instructors. Roll out your mat in front of the colorful Philippine Coral Reef or get in the flow while accompanied by live tunes in the Piazza.
-----> Practice your vinyasa on our Living Roof (weather permitting) for a round of sunset salutations.
-----> Clear your mind with a meditation session led by WITHIN.
-----> Expand your mind with a cutting edge talk by UCSF research psychiatrist Dr. Christopher Stauffer and his work on the use of social psychopharmacology—such as oxytocin and MDMA—as an adjunct to psychotherapy for substance use disorders and PTSD.
-----> Discover some of the tricks and techniques used by members of the San Francisco Bay Memory Club to train their brains.
-----> Meet researchers from UCSF who are studying the brain, including members of the Poskanzer Lab, which studies an important type of brain cell called astrocytes, and the Prusiner Lab at the Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases.
-----> Feed your body wisely with holistic nutrition tips and samples from Health-Ade between sessions.
- Yoga class capacity is limited in each location and entry is not guaranteed.
- Aquarium classes and Roof top class require passes which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 5:30 pm on the front concourse.
- Please bring your own yoga mat.
Brain & Body Series dates:
- September 20th
- November 1st
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
EARTHQUAKE EXHIBIT CLOSED
- Earthquake exhibit is closed in preparation for an all new exhibit.
*Please note—the Shake House will return in June with an all new look and feel!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Explore the future of art and technology with programming by MUTEK.SF.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.
Tonight, NightLife pays tribute to Ray "Bones" Bandar with insider views into his world renowned bone collection
NightLife shines a spotlight on Academy researchers, collections and more!