Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Brain & Body NightLife
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness in this ongoing series.
Schedule of Events
- At 6:45 pm, Julie Aiello
- At 7:45 pm, Erin Gilmore
Yoga in Space
Forum Gallery, 2nd Floor
7:30 & 8:30 pm
See what it might be like to do a downward dog while looking out at the cosmos with our transportive “yoga in space” complete with space projections and lasers, taught by Martin Scott from Yoga Works.
Children’s Gallery, East Pavilion
6:30 & 8:30 pm
Clear your mind with a meditation session led by WITHIN Meditation.
Science Today, East Pavilion
7:00 & 7:30 pm
Catch live talks with Marissa Nasca and Andrew Blotky on how mindfulness, neuro-plasticity, and habit behavior relate to our overall happiness from a brain perspective.
6 - 10 pm
Chat with an assortment of health and neurology experts from:
- L’Etoile Lab at UCSF
- Huang Lab at UCSF
- UCSF Neurology Department
- Stanford University Department of Biology
- San Francisco Patient and Resource Center (SPARC)
- Yoga class capacity is limited in each location and entry is not guaranteed.
- Aquarium classes and Yoga in Space class require passes which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 5:30 pm on the front concourse.
- Please bring your own yoga mat.
Brain & Body Series dates:
- November 1st
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!