Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Brain & Body NightLife
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating science of human health and wellness from the inside out.
Deep Sea Yoga
Philippine Coral Reef
6:15, 7:15, and 8:15 PM
Put on a pair of headphones and roll out a yoga mat in front of the colorful and relaxing Philippine Coral Reef to get in the flow with a yoga session led by Outdoor Yoga SF.
Performance: Matan Berkowitz
- Matan Berkowitz plays music using hand movements with his invention, the Airstrument, turning motion into sound. Check out an impromptu performance and live talk about his work in making music as accessible to as many people as possible.
Brain & Body Showcase
6 - 10 PM
Meet researchers from Stanford’s Brain Development Research Project, which seeks to understand how cognitive, math, language, and social abilities develop in children and learn about what it means to model the brain via artificial neural networks.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Join us for an evening dedicated to the inspiring intersections of science and art.
From fossil-inspired Pokémon to classic games & a Super Smash Bros. tournament, this NightLife it’s Game On.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.
Behold as both humans and animals use the power of illusion to mystify your senses for one magical night.
Even us night owls could use a little more sleep. Hit snooze and hang with us at our dreamiest NightLife yet.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.