Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Creatures of the NightLife
The creatures come out at NightLife as the Academy partners with Bay Area Science Festival and Peaches Christ Productions to transform the museum into a spine-tingling, supernatural tribute to '80s horror movies.
Full details coming soon!
COSTUME AND MASK POLICY
Event attendees are encouraged to dress in Halloween costumes. For the safety and enjoyment of our guests, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent in nature.
- For the safety of all visitors, we ask that guests refrain from wearing masks or other items which obscure the face.
- Costumes should not contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike guests or exhibits.
- Costumes should not contain any elements which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- The California Academy of Sciences reserves the right to turn away any guest with a costume that we deem offensive or unsafe.
PLEASE BE ADVISED
- This is one of our most popular events of the year and often sells out. We highly recommend purchasing tickets in advance.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
Programming schedule and lineup subject to change.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 6:30 pm. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight! And if craft cocktails aren't your thing, check out our craft beer offerings from Anchor Brewing Co.
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with an evening of after hours science inside the green museum.
It’s that time of year—when toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist.
The NightLife LIVE season comes to a close with a dreamy, fuzzed out performance from DIIV and Black Marble.
Explore the mysteries beyond our solar system with a night dedicated to the search for extraterrestrials.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.