Live Performance from Blackbird Blackbird
Music presented by Noise Pop & Do the Bay
Channel your inner Jedi during an evening of galactic entertainment inspired by a galaxy far, far away.
Wander among droids built by the R2 Builders club and come in costume to celebrate your favorite epic space saga. Learn how to properly wield a lightsaber and pose for photos with the Rebel Legion and the 501st Legion—aka Vader’s Fist—and other local costume clubs.
Full Details Coming Soon!
HOLIDAY ICE RINK
Celebrate the winter season with a few spins around our seasonal ice rink in the East Garden, part of the Academy’s‘Tis the Season for Science: Life on Ice exhibit.
Add a 45-minute ice session to your NightLife visit for just $12 ($10 for members).
Ice rink tickets can be purchased in advance here or on-site.
COSTUME AND MASK POLICY
Event attendees are encouraged to dress in costumes for this event. For the safety and enjoyment of our guests, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent in nature.
- For the safety of all visitors, we ask that guests refrain from wearing masks or other items which obscure the face.
- Costumes should not contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike guests or exhibits.
- Costumes should not contain any elements which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- The California Academy of Sciences reserves the right to turn away any guest with a costume that we deem offensive or unsafe.
- Hurry! Last entry into Kashyyk dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight! And if craft cocktails aren't your thing, check out our craft beer offerings from Anchor Brewing Co.
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
*DISCLAIMER: This event is not sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Lucasfilm Ltd.