Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Holiday Bazaar NightLife
‘Tis the season to stuff those stockings, shop locally, and enjoy the festivities! This week, NightLife’s annual holiday bazaar returns, featuring a merry marketplace of gift-worthy treasures from dozens of local makers and merchants, all curated by SF Bazaar.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(African Hall & Project Lab)
6:00 - 10:00pm
Find a little something for every person on your list at this one-stop holiday shop featuring a crafty selection of handmade jewelry, original artwork, ceramics and pottery, apothecary products, stationery, and more.
- Dirt Alley Design
- Pretty Fun Designs
- Eurca Distribution
- Trash Amps LLC
- Coyote Brush Studios
- Granny Panty Designs
- Alexis Amann Art & Illustration
- Bluestocking Designs
- Cloudship Creative
- Tina Fossella Pottery
- IMPRESSED by nature
- Heavenly Soap Company
- Slow Moon Rise
- Mac Cutting Board
- Mudsplash Studios
- Sonson LLC
- Bunnycone Designs
- Gypsy Vine
- Tiny Right Brain Designs
- Cody Vrosh & Binary Winter Press
- KOTAS KREATIONS
- Watercolor & Ink
- Divine Jelly
- No Tox Life
- Heit Ceramics
- Great Republic of Rough and Ready
- City Green
- Yuzu Soap
- Melissa Scoppa
- S+M Press
- Lady Alamo
- Recover Your Thoughts
- Sea Slugs Everywhere
- bobo design studio
- Polymer Garden
- Catch The Cuteness
- Circle & Crescent
- Vanessa Baba
- Little Russ Thompson
Also, stop by the Project Lab to check out the work of Academy scientific illustrators Sean Edgerton and Rachel Diaz-Bastin.
(Ice Rink, East Garden)
7:00, 8:00 & 9:00pm
Celebrate the winter season at our seasonal ice rink, part of the Academy’s‘Tis the Season for Science: Life on Ice exhibit. Get groovy on skates with sets by MOM DJs, while a bar serving spiked hot beverages will be provided to vanquish any chills.
Hella Gay Dance Party
6:00 - 10:00pm
After the rink (and a drink), head to solid ground and warm up with Bay Area’s epic Hella Gay Dance Party in the Philippine Coral Reef.
HOLIDAY ICE RINK
Celebrate the winter season with a few spins around our seasonal ice rink in the East Garden, part of the Academy’s‘Tis the Season for Science: Life on Ice exhibit.
Add a 45-minute ice session to your NightLife visit for just $12 ($10 for members).
Ice rink tickets can be purchased in advance here or on-site.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 6:00 pm. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight! And if craft cocktails aren't your thing, check out our craft beer offerings from Anchor Brewing Co.
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Join a live planetarium presenter on a live exploration of the night sky above our planet's chilly poles.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Explore the future of art and technology with programming by MUTEK.SF.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.
Tonight, NightLife pays tribute to Ray "Bones" Bandar with insider views into his world renowned bone collection
NightLife shines a spotlight on Academy researchers, collections and more!