Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Holiday Bazaar NightLife
’Tis the season to stuff those stockings and shop locally with a merry marketplace curated by SF Bazaar.
Music by King Most
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
African Hall & Project Lab
6:00 – 10:00 pm
Find a little something for every person on your list at this one-stop holiday shop featuring a crafty selection of handmade jewelry, original artwork, ceramics and pottery, apothecary products, stationery, and more.
Pretty Fun Designs
MacLean Custom Screen Printing
Tina Fossella Pottery
Blue Nectar Soaps
An Li/Slow Moon Rise
Recover Your Thoughts
Branching Out Wood
Slate and Stone Jewelry
Tiny Right Brain Designs
Machine in Hand
Tung Design And Manufacture
La Touche Designs
Circle And Crescent
Coyote Brush Studios
Bottle of Clouds
Two Photon Art
Little Russ Thompson
Cotton the First™
Indigo Alice Designs
Jacquelin de Leon
Pen + Ink Pottery
Basik Candle Co
Cody Vrosh & Binary Winter Press
The Goat Farm
Granny Panty Designs
East Garden Ice Rink
6:00 – 10:00 pm
Head outside to the seasonal ice rink: we’ll deck it with a disco ball; you come decked out in ‘70s fashions. Appropriately funky tunes will be provided and a bar serving spiked hot beverages will help vanquish any lingering chills. NightLife ice skating sessions run from 6–9:30 pm. Add one to your NightLife ticket for $10.
No NightLife events on December 20, 27, or January 3. Happy holidays!___________
ICE SKATE UNDER THE STARS
Ice rink tickets ($10/person, skate rental included) available for purchase online or onsite.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Join planetarium presenter Hannah on a live exploration of the night sky above our planet's chilly poles.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Explore the Academy through rose-colored glasses: Tonight we’re celebrating the wonderful world of color.
NightLife partners with SF Beer Week for a froth-filled evening of brews!
Come celebrate your Valentine's, Palentine's or Galentine's at the official Noise Pop Music Festival pre-party.
Kick off the Year of the Pig with lion dancers, masked performers, and pigs!