Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Holiday Bazaar NightLife
‘Tis the season for parties and festivities, including NightLife’s annual holiday bazaar!
Shop a marketplace of gift-worthy treasures from dozens of local makers and merchants, all curated by SF Bazaar. Find a little something for every person on your list at this one-stop holiday shop featuring a crafty selection of handmade jewelry, original artwork, ceramics and pottery, apothecary products, stationery, and more goods for science-lovers.
Celebrate the winter season with a few spins around the dance floor underneath sparkling “snowflakes,” part of the Academy’s ‘Tis the Season for Science: Life on Ice exhibit.
Music by DJ BAD DJ
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Channel your inner Jedi during an evening of galactic entertainment and a live performance by Monster Rally!
’Tis the season to stuff those stockings and shop locally with a merry marketplace curated by SF Bazaar.
Step away from the baby bellas and learn how to unleash fungi’s true potential!
Laugh your face mites off as SF Sketchfest takes over the Academy for a knee-slapping night.