Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: Feel the Force
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
The force is strong with this NightLife.
You have been invited on a mission to party like a rebel in a galaxy not-so far, far away. Gather the droids, alert the Jedis, load up your X-wing, and get ready for an epic galactic adventure featuring a live lightsaber duel, cosmic marketplace, and so much more.
Don’t wait: Tickets are moving faster than the Millenium Falcon on the Kessel Run. Grab yours today—you’re our only hope!
Sounds by DJ Jedi
Check out DJ Jedi's exclusive NightLife playlist on the NightLife Spotify page.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
8:00 PM & 9:00 PM
- Cheer your favorite villain or hero to victory during a thrilling lightsaber duel reenacted by the Lux Saber Corps.
6 - 10 PM
- Shop an eclectic assortment of otherworldly treasures in our intergalactic market, showcasing goods from:
6 - 10 PM
- Say hello to wandering droids from Bay Area R2 Builders as they meander around the museum.
6 - 9 PM
- Stop by to charge up for the journey ahead with Darth Vader Taters (loaded tots), Obi Wantonobis (vegetable potstickers), and Tie Fighters (cream cheese oreo cakepops).
20th Century Space Opera
6 - 10 PM
- Marvel at the mastery of artist Robert Xavier Burden while watching one of his detailed Star Wars-inspired oil paintings come to life in a time-lapse video.
COSTUME AND MASK POLICY
Event attendees are encouraged to dress in costumes for this event. For the safety and enjoyment of our guests, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Masks/helmets may not cover your face while you are in the building.
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent in nature.
- Costumes should not contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike guests or exhibits.
- Costumes should not contain any elements which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- The California Academy of Sciences reserves the right to turn away any guest with a costume that we deem offensive or unsafe.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
In honor of Steinhart Aquarium’s 100th anniversary, let's party like it’s 1923 & celebrate a century of wonder.
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.